Monday, January 4, 2016

Jan 3 - End of Vacation

It's the end of the Holiday season and it's time to go back to reality.  And for the first time in a long long time, I'm less stressed and more at peace.  While I'm not setting resolutions this year, I didn't have some quiet time while the kids were with their dad to contemplate things I wanted to do this year, books I wanted to read….and write, ways I could have my house functioning better, etc.  So I have little mini plans and that makes the end of a great season doable.  Because, lets be honest.  If you don't have family around, the holidays can be depressing.  Once all the family leaves, depressing.  Not getting the gift you wanted, depressing.  Not getting any gift - REALLY depressing.  Eating til you can't walk, then swimming in the "guilt" of it - depressing.  PS - DON'T!!  Don't guilt about your eating.  Did you enjoy it?!  I did!!  And there is no guilt!  So no getting depressed about it.

So we have all these things that can make us depressed over the holidays.  In come resolutions to save the day - because not many of us want to swim around in misery forever.  So whether you have resolute things you are going to change in your life, or small ways to help your house function better, Happiest of New Years.

Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment