Monday, January 4, 2016

Jan 2 - Resolutions

I used to be a huge fan of resolutions, with my list comprising something in every aspect of my life.  And like so many others, every year would bring little mini disappointments when most of them dropped off my radar and didn't get done.  Although it was one here and one there, I never realized how much it was effecting my self esteem.  I was such a "failure" and this year was going to be The year, etc. etc.  When things started to click, I decided to curve my resolutions towards things I was already doing.  I was going to continue to do this or that.  It worked, but I wasn't pressing forward as much.  And that brought its own "failures" along with it.

Now, I'm a happier, healthier person and I DON'T set resolutions.  Because I like who I am (even if I have to repeatedly tell myself that over and over and over).  And I like the direction my life is headed.  And I'm content.  I'm moving forward, but not stressing about it and I'm not beating myself esteem to a pulp with  my believed failures.  Because they weren't failures.  They were ways to learn and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment